We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Director of Engineering and Product based in London to join our clients team, it will be supporting their machine learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
They offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person with a strong technical background to lead our software
- Leading and managing team of software engineers and ML engineers.
- Writing code, designing architecture, performing code reviews, setting guidelines.
- Developing and delivering a technical roadmap and vision, with guidance to both your team members and your peers.
- Overseeing and delivering product releases.
- Overseeing front-end and back-end development teams and their projects.
This is a leadership position suitable for an experienced engineering manager or an extremely talented and experienced team lead who wants to grow into an engineering management role.
The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems, including experience working practical machine learning & big data systems.
- Advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar field
- Experience in leading engineering teams is a plus
- Prior experience building products is a plus
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- High integrity and drive
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver