Group Tax Manager with a leading Communications & Connectivity Company in Johannesburg.
At least 6 years’ taxation experience of which a minimum of 3 years must be in Corporate Tax in a consulting environment (Big 4).
Education: Hons BCom Accounting, Post Graduate studies in Tax (HDip Tax), Relevant professional qualification (CA (SA)/LLB an advantage
You will be responsible for Tax Planning and Strategy, Direct & Indirect Tax, and International Tax matters.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Align tax strategy with business strategy and corporate structure
• Interpret the strategy laid out by the Group and implement the necessary strategy to achieve these objectives
• Due diligence and structuring support for mergers and acquisitions
• Oversee and manage the tax compliance and risk function for the Group
• Ensure that all deadlines in respect to tax compliance are adhered to
• Report to internal stakeholders on (expected) tax metrics, both on actuals as well as plan based
• Implement and further develop Group tax strategy
• Identify and mitigate tax risks within the region
• Coordinate multi-territory and cross-border tax related activities