We are looking for a senior project manager to join a large well-known telecoms company in South Africa. This role will be based partly from home and partly from the Johannesburg office.
This is a CONTRACT position, for an initial period of 3-6 months with potential extension depending on performance.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of the telecoms industry, and who can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence. If this sounds like you please read on.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Have exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Have 5+ years' experience as a Project Manager
- Have experience in the telecoms industry
- Be happy to join as a contractor, payrolled by the client as a fixed term contract. Possible extension depending on your performance
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Experience in complex projects covering the engagement lifecycle from acquisition to purchase contract conclusion.
- Experience in running due diligence projects covering acquisition of businesses.
- Similar experience would be managing the engagement lifecycle project for an outsource RFP process through to contract for service delivery
What you will receive:
- Great compensation - salary based as this is a fixed term contract.
- A great working experience within this well-recognised telecoms business
- Potential extension past the 6 months
Please apply today if you are interested in this Contract Project Manager position!