Support & Operations Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Support & Operations Analyst
Reporting to the Head of Support & Operations, the Support & Operations Analyst is a critical role which has responsibility for supporting, managing and maintaining client environments.
Please note this role requires you to work from the office in London, as well as to participate in a shift pattern covering Monday – Friday from 5am Europe/London to 5pm US/New York, with some weekend work and an overnight/weekend on-call rota.
- Provide a professional support service to clients internationally
- Provide resources to resolve issues in a reasonable timeframe
- Meet and exceed SLA requirements as defined in customer contracts
- Provide a mechanism to manage the support process
- Pro-active monitoring and problem resolution
Further information on typical day to day duties are detailed below:
- Receives all client raised incidents and enters onto or updates internal call management system (ZenDesk)
- Analysis of each call using business acumen to identify the nature of the incident and action appropriately
- Deals with calls immediately, either independently or by passing to the appropriate team to ensure optimum resolution
- Works to improve knowledge and skills to increase 1st line resolution within the service desk
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Maintain operational status of all copies of the primary client Project Environments as far as is possible. This will include maintenance and support within these Environments of both (virtual) servers and client applications.
- Ensure that client Project Environments reach an internal availability goal of 99% uptime.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records regarding these Environments at all times.
- Ensure that patches are delivered in a timely manner to clients and that accurate records are maintained for client patches released
- Ensure that all patches released from development are deployed to the patched Environments as soon as practicable, keeping Project Management fully informed of changes and tests to be carried out once patches have been deployed.
Key requirements and experience:
We are looking for a confident and professional person who has experience in the financial services industry, ideally within a brokerage/trading environment. You will need to be a confident communicator both written and verbally, and also meet the below requirements:
- Technical Background – Windows / Linux / SQL / Java (2-5 years)
- Understanding of FIX (1 year)
- Ability to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach working with team members and other departments
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure
- Prior experience of supporting and managing a complex software environment is essential (preferably gained in a high availability environment).
- Highly self-motivated individual with an eye for detail.
How to Apply
Please contact Meg Easterbrook via LinkedIn or clicking ‘Apply Now